Re: [Epic] Slow

From: Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 18:37:25 -0400

> I'm currently basing with Snot Green. If I switched to a
>brownish color for my bases, then yeah, I'd probably switch to sand.
>(I have find sand that was pre-colored black for my Necromunda minis).
>But if I'm basing in green, I don't want to have to flock/sand the
>bases and then paint them again. It's hard enough scraping the flock
>off their legs without having to go in with a brush! :)
>
> Do you actually base with sand and then paint it green?
>
>Mark

Basically, but I paint the base green, then sand it, which looks good. Then
I paint the sand green and leave it, because I don't feel it really needs to
be drybrushed, as I have other stands waiting. At first I applied sand then
tried to paint it green, but it's impossible to paint between their legs. So
now I paint the base first. I really makes a difference and is a lot cheaper
then buying flock. Also the sand will stay forever with the layer of paint
over it.

Tyler