Re: [Epic] Dune Epic 40K units

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 08:18:50 -0400

Francois Bruntz wrote:

> Chris wrote :
>
> >I'm not sure how well all the Dune stuff/bckgrnd/etc would work in
> >epic
> >anyway.
>
> I'm sure it would work very well. If you consider the two first books
> (the best part of the cycle), all the battles are planetary assaults
> : this means that a lot of troops are involved.
> The only problem I can see is that Franck Herbert did not describe
> enough different units to make an Epic game really interesting (in
> any case it was not his intention),

        If you want different units for the houses, just
check out the old Dune 2 computer game (the precursor to
Warcraft, C&C, etc). You could control house Atredies,
Harkonnen, or Ordos (a sneaky house invented for the game).
Each house had access to a large pool of troops/vehicles,
and also had some specific units usable only by that house.

Scott
shupes_at_...