RE: [Epic] Dune Epic 40K units

From: Francois Bruntz <fbruntz_at_...>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 23:58:26 PDT

Chris wrote :

>I'm not sure how well all the Dune stuff/bckgrnd/etc would work in
>epic
>anyway.

I'm sure it would work very well. If you consider the two first books
(the best part of the cycle), all the battles are planetary assaults
: this means that a lot of troops are involved.
The only problem I can see is that Franck Herbert did not describe
enough different units to make an Epic game really interesting (in
any case it was not his intention), but the mailing list is here for
this kind of problem.

There is a boardgame about Dune but it is very simple and I don't
like it : the aim is to conquer a pre-determined number of sietchs
using diplomany and military forces (represented by some round
plastic markers like coins!). You can play Atreides, Harkonnens, Bene
Gesserit, Bene Tleilax, the Space Guild, etc... I don't remember well
but I was very disapointed when I tried it.

Francois Bruntz
Apprenti MIAGE (Universite Paris XII - IBM France)

Please visit my Epic page :
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dungeon/2370/