Re: [Epic] Orks with LandRaiders

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 10:25:27 -0400 (EDT)

Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...> writes:
> > On Thu, 21 Aug 1997, Tyler Provick wrote:
> >
> > > I don't see the problem, as long as they are Ork Land Raiders. You know,
> > > captured upon the field of battle. Halve all stats to represent the fact
> > > that it was orginally a battle field wreck, and that it also suffered some
> > > good ol' Orky tinkering.
>
> Suggest he glue some battlewagon turrets and stuff on it, maybe
> a roller to the front and the exhaust part of a battlewagon to
> the back and call it a battlefortress. I did this, and it looks
> good. (Or will when I paint it, which will be in a long time, as
> Orks are way down the list for me now.)

        Yup. That's what I did with one. It works better if you take
two deathrollers and hack off the left 1/3 of one and the right 1/3 of
another, so you can actually attach it to the Land Raider. My biggest
problem in converting imperial vehicles was not attaching stuff to the
treads. :( Everything seems to line up so that they glue nicely to
the treads.
        I intend to use some rhinos for battlewagons. I've got enough
of the damn things, and nothing but 60 stands or so of tac marines.

Mark