Re: [Epic] Slow

From: Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 10:22:48 -0400

At 07:45 PM 8/21/97 -0500, you wrote:
>> Well where do I buy good sable brushes that arn't, basically, crap?
>
>By definition, all *good* sable brushes, basically, aren't crap. For
>painting EPIC miniatures, I place GW brushes just above a wad of cotton.
>
>Your e-mail address seems to show that you live in California. If a hobby
>store near you doesn't carry Poly S brushes, any hobby store should be
>able to order them for you.

Hahahahaq! I would say that would be typically American except that most
Americans on the list know that .ca is for Canada

>> Besides, if your speaking about size, I have never needed anything smaller
>
>You seemed to indicate that none of your brushes would fit between the legs
>of an infantryman when painting bases. If your brushes are all this big,
>I think you'll have a hard time doing any details at all.

When there is sand in the way. I can fit the brushes between the legs, but I
can't lay the parallel to the base and then slide the bristles under the
legs. That is my favorite way because it's hard to screw up. When there is
sand, you have to attack froms a higher angle to get between the legs.
That's why I paint the base without sand, then paint the sand.

>Of course it all depends upon how much detail you want to do. I know that
>you are just beginning. If all you want for now are the base colors on
>all your infantry and vehicles then I'm sure your current brushes will
>do just fine. They are just like any other tool; use whatever you are
>most comfortable using.

Gee Allan, you're just making loads of mistakes today.
I bought Warhammer 40K in 1992, which means I've been doing this for 5
years. I just got into Epic 40K, but it isn't that hard at all. I can
without support, paint a line for a SM gun. I can easily pick out the knee
pads, and the tips of my rocket launchers go from yellow at the tip to red
at the base.

As for thin brushes, I've made one by pulling hairs out of a fine detail
brush. (It was accidental, I was treating it bad and one day I noticed it
had like, 6 bristles left) I doesn't hold paint at all, and is a real beach
to use. (Yes, I know I said beach, you know what I really mean) The way it
is know, with my good fine detail I can paint half a stand without having to
reload, and I don't flood detail. (Well I do, but I use the excess paint on
the first guy to paint the last guys)

Tyler
P.S. I slept on the couch last night because a family has taken over my
room. With an 8 year old and a 13 year old, plus my bad sleeping habits in
the first place, I am kinda cranky. I'll get over it.