RE: [Epic] Orks with LandRaiders

From: Chris White <chris_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 15:43:14 -0700

        <snip the sanctity of the printed rule>

>To sum it up. Rules are there for a reason, and if you change them all
>you've wasted your money. Special Scenarios are cool, but should be a rare
>occurance. How can you be bored of "normal games" if all you play are
>special scenarios? Allies are a cool idea, as long as a seperate player
>controls each army, and they are not allowed to talk during their turn.
>(Before the game, and during the opponent's turn. This makes it realistic,
>in getting orders, but not being able to have the commander say, "No, 3 cm
>to the left."
>
>Tyler

        Another interesting option, which I first saw in the WD which had that
huge tank battle (sure, you remember...), is to have allied commanders
leave the room and record short messages (5-10 seconds) into a hand held
tape recorder. These recordings then become the sole mode of communication
between the allies, and encourages military style coding to confuse the
enemy who is sitting across the table from you.

        This idea was originally for 40K, so might need modification. I would
suggest allowing players to do this at the beginning of each phase, as the
time compression between the two games is vastly different. This will slow
actual game play down, but might prove interesting enough to make up for it.

        YMMV (Geez, I love that abbreviation now that I know what it means...)

Nickles