Re: [Epic] Le Retour

From: Alan Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 13:25:40 -0700

Christian Nielsen wrote:

> Heh.... One of the guys in my old gaming group (the good terrain
> maker), bought a scale model of a nuclear reactor, which just happened
> to be exactly epic scale. We made nice rules for blowing it up
> (meltdowns were quite amusing), and we made rules for models dying
> from radiation if they were inside the reactor building in the end
> phase.

The model is probably the one for HO made by Heljan, of Danemark. The
buildings, cooling towers etc are all 1/220 (close enough to Epic, which
is about 1/260), but the doors and windows are HO scale, 1/87! A bit of
conversion is needed (making the windows balconies, making a 2-story
building a 4-story one).

I've got one of these, myself. And would dearly like to get another. But
Heljan doesn't have a web site, and I've been unable to find and dealer
in the US who carries this particular model. Heljan also make an Oil
refinery, which I'd like to get.

Finally, Revell in the dim distant past made both an Oil Rig, and a
GIANT Coal excavator in 1/220 scale. I have the latter (but no
instructions, and it has some 1500 parts...) which would make excellent
scenery for Epic. The Coal Excavator is a real Adeptus Mechanicus
device, imagine an Ordinatus only grown by a factor of 15 in each
dimension, it's nearly a meter long....

--
 abrain_at_...  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo