Re: [Epic] battle report

From: Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 18:31:56 -0400

> The Terminators in Force Russell killed none of the last 2 Vipers. The
Eldar Wave Serpents fired on Force Dennis, forcing them to take cover. The
Fire Prisms attacked with ferocity, destroying 2 Razorbacks, a rhino, the
infantry inside the Rhino, and a Land Speeder.

Shouldn't the infantry have already left the rhinos to engage the enemy.
Since you are already engaged, you probably don't need to move very far very
fast.

> The Jetbikes gambled on a firefight, and amazingly broke Force Russell,
and killing 1 Terminator squad.

Two Jetbikes killed 1 terminator squad and drove off Force Russel, that is
amazing.

> We we so suprised by their action, it caught us unawares, and were forced
to fall back. The Eldar engaged Force Dennis in a firefight, destoying 1
bike unit, and forcing >them to fall back also.

I don't consider this to be performing ideally. Ideally two Jetbikes
wouldn't take out a whole detachment, and your other detachments wouldn't
keep falling back.

>Our marines rallied and braced themselves for an attack. Our Devastators
disembarked from their transports as they prepared to fight. The Eldar Wave
Serpents and Fire Prisms picked up troops and fled as far as possible.

Why haven't the devastators already disembarked? Wouldn't it be nice to take
out a squads of Dev's just by killing one Rhino? Why haven't they been using
their firepower? If they were already out they could have gone on overwatch
that turn and killed whatever was there. It doesn't seem like they managed
to do anything. But then again, it's hard to understand what is happening.

  The Avatar and Exarchs moved forward cautiously, Their Phantom moved up a
little further, still undamaged. The Eldar Dreadnoughts moved in to flank
on the right, but are stopped by a volley of fire. The Dreadnoughts
destroyed 2 Land Raiders. The whirlwinds blasted 2 of the Exarchs, and the
great Avatar was gone after the smoke cleared. 2 of our Land Raiders of
Force Russell finished of the Vipers, and the others blasted the remaining
Exarchs. 3 Land Raiders fired on the Phantom, breaking the Holo-Field
twice, damaging the Left Wing and the Holo-Field. 4 Devastators, and 2
dreadnoughts of the Black Knights finished it off resulting in a massive
explosion. The remaining Eldar retreated, and the day was won.
>Eldar Casualties: 1 detachment of Jetbikes and Vipers, 4 exarchs, Avatar,
and Phantom, the rest retreating.
>Imperial Casualties: Minimal, no detachments lost.

Were the 4 exarchs a whole detachment, or did you need to boost you kills to
look good. Hmm, sounds like Nam to me. "So how many did you kill?" "Uhm, I
don't know, I didn't stick around to count." "Well how many were there." "I
don't know" "How many were left then?" "I don't know" "Then how the hell did
you get out of there?" "I don't know!"

Lets count Imperial Casualties.

I got

2 Razorbacks
1 Rhino w/ infantry (Probably 2)
4 Landspeeders
2 Predators
1 Terminator Squad
1 Bike unit.

I say that was an ugly casualty list. I might even say the Eldar won, except
they didn't because they have such a low population. If you lost that many
to orks, then you definatly lost, if you add the points values. Sure the
Eldar fell back, but maybe they are preparing another attack. I would call
that "Only our faith in the Devine Emperor pulled us through"

Tyler

wait to you see me battle reports, I'll probably lose worst, I'll just call
it losing.

>Well, my lord, I think you will be most pleased, I will be in touch.
If I was you lord, I wouldn't be pleased/