Re: [Epic] RE: [EPIC] chapter and detachment names

From: Eugene E.W. <eug_at_...>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 1997 00:46:43 -0400

> Stephen Sheldon wrote:
>

> > > I have named one of my detachments the Lamenters (Chaos
> > marines), but I
> > > keep having this niggling little thought in the back of my brain
> > that there
> > > is a Chapter or something like that already using this name.
> > >
> > > Can someone confirm or deny this for me?
> > It was a chapter mentioned in Rogue Trader. Still worship the emporor
> > as
> > far as I know
> > Steve
>
> Wiped out by one of the first tyranid assaults, IIRC.
> While they were around, the chapter wore rather fetching bright yellow
> armour.
>
> Richard
Yup, that's right. The Lamenters were annihilated, and the Scythes of the
Emperor were all but destroyed. That was from the fluff for Advanced Space
Crusade (a rockin' game), but I do not remember either chapter being
mentioned in the more recent fluff (the stuff with the battle for Ultramar,
Hive fleets Behemoth and Kraken, etc.)

Off topic, does anyone else recall ASC? Was Tyranid Attack (the redone
version) any good/comparable/better?

Eugene