Re: [Epic] Dune Epic 40K units

From: Colen McAlister <colen_at_...>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 1997 13:57:26 +0100

Francois Bruntz <fbruntz_at_...> has carefully scribed:
>Chris wrote :
>
>>I'm not sure how well all the Dune stuff/bckgrnd/etc would work in
>>epic
>>anyway.
>
>I'm sure it would work very well. If you consider the two first books
>(the best part of the cycle), all the battles are planetary assaults
>: this means that a lot of troops are involved.
>The only problem I can see is that Franck Herbert did not describe
>enough different units to make an Epic game really interesting (in
>any case it was not his intention), but the mailing list is here for
>this kind of problem.

From what I saw of the game / read of the books, it seemed that the
designers saw the same problem and, um, made things up.

<emblem of Slaanesh>

'Mad Dog' McAlister
--
    /\          Colen McAlister, AKA 'Mad Dog' McAlister,
   /--\           Chaos Lord of Slaanesh, Keeper of the
 /--  ---- \               of the Chaos Gods
    | |  |/            colen_at_...
   \---/        or http://www.bryanmac.demon.co.uk/colen
    \-/