Re: [Epic] RE: [EPIC] chapter and detachment names

From: Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 1997 11:47:04 -0400

At 07:49 AM 8/24/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Sauron1 writes; I believe this was one of the Two Chapters nearly whipped
>out by Hive Fleet Kraken. The other was the venerable Salamanders ( the
>Emperors pet Pyromaniacs ) sauron1

Interesting thing about Salamanders. In the old myths they were creatures of
fire, but if you don't wet your fingers before handling them, you could
seriously hurt them from the dryness. It started when Alchemists (for whom
the Salamandar was one of the sacred symbols) discovered that if placed in
fire for a short time, the Salamander would be unhurt. This is because of a
slimy coating they secret to keep them from drying out.

That is why Salamanders in FB shoot fire, and why a lizard surrounded by
fire is easily recognizable for this amphibian.

Tyler