Re: [Epic] RE: [EPIC] chapter and detachment names

From: Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 1997 11:54:20 -0400

>I think the Lamenters were one of the chapters, along with the Scythes
>of the Emperor, that was almost wiped out by boarding Tyranid ships.

That had to suck. "Allright me, board the Hulk" "Okay sir, we haven't come
across anything that we can't handle sir, with the Emperor's guidance."
"Good man, get moving" Unwary Marines board hulk. --Gurgling scream, slash,
human scream-- "I got movement, I got readings." "Check your targets, watch
you fire!" "They're all over the place!" "They're comming out of the walls!"
"Run away!" "Oh no, I soiled my armor!"

If you think of it, Tyranids cause fear and terror. The great Space Marines
running away? This would have extremely frightened the top officers.

Tyler

BTW, some of the quotes are from a movie, some from another, and one is my
own. Check the quotes after --Gurgling scream, slash, human scream-- to find
the ones I'm talking about. First one to name them all gets, uhm, to be
known as a real movie buff.