Re: [Epic] Orks with LandRaiders

From: Ken Taborek <oberon_at_...>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 06:26:51 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 24 Aug 1997, Sutherland wrote:

> >Really? What else would you give something with 2 sets of twin-linked
> >lascannons? Or do you mean give nothing at all AT shots?
>
> well lets see... the marine dreadnought can have 2 lascannons + another
> weapon and only gets FP of 2.
> >
> >AT shots are nothing compared to those daft Eldar things, Distort
> >cannons. They're worse than Death rays! 3+ to hit a Warlord or Reaver
> >Titan, bypasses shields, automatically causes critical damage!
> >
> And I need to buy a war engine of 110 pts+ to get one. You get 2 AT shots
> for less than 30 points. hmmm... seems fair enuff to me.
>
> That Chuk Guy

It's this kind of "you units are just better than mine" whining that has
prompted me to play several games without Land Raiders in my Imperial Army
forces. I _really_ hate it when my opponent claims that my win is just a
natural result of a better army mix.
The results are still out, and I will say that AT shots are missed when
they aren't available. But, I have come to this partial conclusion: AT
shots (and DR by associated qualitys) are great against anything you
might have a hard time hitting, such as hard troops in cover, high armor
tanks and such, Eldar Titans (where it takes lots of hits to get any
effect at all), and big hairy units like Titans and Gargants in general
that are single target killing machines.
Against rank and file troops, I'd rather have FP than AT.
So, you Ork guys, take more boyz, and swarm all over those assault 2 LR's.
Each of your Boyz has AS 2, and they are a damn sight cheaper.

--Ken Taborek oberon_at_...
"Show respect for age. Drink good Scotch for a change."- random fortune