Re: [Epic] Ork Army for critique

From: Ken Taborek <oberon_at_...>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 06:46:07 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 25 Aug 1997, Robert Lenghaus wrote:

[snip]
> > 3 Battle Fortresses 255 pts
> >
> > (Probably fielded as 3 detachments, as I expect to fight Land Raiders, and
> > the only advantage to 1 detachment I could see is the distribution of hits
> > from FP, which SHW don't care about. With 3 detachments, blast markers
> > affect each Fortress individually, so slowing them down by making them
> > fail leadership tests is harder).
>
> I've found these get trashed very quickly and when they go BOOM your
> opponent may get the morale bonus. I'd spend the saved points on stompas
> or upgrading your gargant.

Actually, the more the merrier. Due the the rule about spreading out your
shots amongst the units in a detachment, those 3DF go a long way, but only
in quantity. Or, you force your opponent to concentrate his AT or DR
shots at them, when he should be killing other, harder, targets.

Not a commentary on your army design, just a note about Battle Fortresses
in general.

--Ken Taborek oberon_at_...
"Show respect for age. Drink good Scotch for a change."- random fortune