RE: [Epic] Orks with LandRaiders

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 17:06:32 -0500

>>-----> And just to add some fuel to the fire...
>>Almost every race should have Dreads with an AT shot!
>>Can't about everyone take a lascannon on their dread?
>>Ain't that what lascannons are for?
>>Would make 'em a little more useful, as they already tend
>>to be defensive units in E40K anyway (too slow).
>
>The AT shot represents 2 superlascannons hitting the same target at the same
>time. The only dread I've seen with two Lasguns was the Dark Angel dread for
>wh40K
>
>Tyler

Well, any SM dread can take twin lascannons - they just put them in
different boxes
with different names, but they all have all wepaon options available,
it's just a question
of points. Hell, predators can get 4 lascannons (the "annihilator" <sp>)
and they aren't
mentioned for AT, so there is some flexibility. Since a dread can take
twin LC's, and
one AT shot from a LR represents 2 LC's, I don't see a source material
limitation.
I also really like dreads anyway, and an AT shot would not neccessarily
make them
game breakers, just let you orient them for "anti-personnel" or
"anti-tank"
        For the rest of the dreads, well, based on 40K I rarely see a
difference between
1 LC and 2 linked LC's as one is usually enough to utterly waste a
target and the
2nd shot is wasted, so I'd certainly be willing to give a single
Lascannon or Hvy PLasma
gun an AT shot.

Chris Miller