RE: [Epic] Orks with LandRaiders

From: Mike Bowen <mbowen_at_...>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 21:48:30 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 25 Aug 1997, Tyler Provick wrote:

> Even though I play marines, and haven't seen "Deathroller" rules, I think it
> would make sense to be able to just roll over people, I mean, no armor can
> stand up to 12 or so tonnes of deathroller (I'm guessing) Maybe you should
> post the rules for us none SMers
>
> Tyler

Titan Legions Codex Titanicus pg 46

Ork Bonebreaka w/Deathroller

 a Bonebreaka can try to run over enemy troops stands simply by
moving over them. Each stand suffers a hit on a D6 roll of
4,5, or 6. If the troops aren't squashed or make their saving throw
the Bonebreaka is bogged down in closecombat and its movement ends.
If it squishes the troops it can keep moving and try to squash others
until it runs out of movement or fails to squash a target and gets caught
in close combat

the Gibletgrinda battle fortress had a roller, with a CAF of 8
and a armorsave of 1+
lets say that they didn't lose very many closecombats

try to get a copy of old SM or TL if you can, its goodreading, and you
will see why old players bitch at E40k for downgrading units,
and praise E40k for NOT having army cards and goofy special rules
for every unit(hint-deathroller was a special rule)

E40k less rules, less flavor.

does play quicker,though.

mike