Re: [Epic] Paint stripper.

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 1997 11:09:39 -0500

Tyler Provick wrote:

> > I did try some products to disolve the plastic cement but all of them
> >also did a number on the figure themselves whether or not they worked.
> >I'd be interested to hear of anyone having luck disolving a plastic cement
> >bond.
If you've got a bunch to try, you might want to go ahead and just
pull some. I've pulled old style Eldar guardians with teeny-tiny
ankles up and not broken them. I just grab 'em between finger and
thumb and "roll" my fingers up enough so the ends push against the
base, and the figure pops out. Maybe I didn't use enough plastic
cement. I use the brush-on kind, by the way, not the tube.

But since I may be mis-remembering, you may want to be careful.
It occurs to me that I may have just forced the guardians in. I
have pulled up others, though. I cemented in a warlock backwards
from the rest of the stand, and had to get him up. Pointy little
guy, hurts your fingers to pinch him that way.

andy
askinner_at_...