Re: [Epic] Orky Question...

From: Chris White <chris_at_...>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 1997 11:00:12 -0700

At 11:54 AM 8/25/97, you wrote:

>Okay, Mekboy speedstas:
>Listed in Units Summary as having FP=1. However, these units can be
upgraded to
>include a Death Ray or Lifta-Droppa. Here's the question: Does the Speedsta
>retain the 1 FP in addition to the super heavy weapon upgrade?
>
>Look in the army list? Well, it says "Extra Cost to: upgrade to include
Death
>Ray...+22 points"
>SSame for a lifta droppa. This implies that the firepower remains.
>
>However, when looking at the model, I see no gunz or anything, so this
implies
>that the firepower is "traded in" for the Super Heavy weapon...
>
>To further feed the fire: If, indeed, the Speedsta gets the FP in addition
>the Super Heavy weapon, canit fire both in the same shooting phase? and what
>does it add in a Firefight? 1 or 2? Questions to ponder, questions to
>discuss...
>
>Chris

        My vote, as a Chaos player, would be that the FP 1 is superseded by the
SHW, since they are considered to have a FP of 1 in any situation where the
SHW effect in question can't be used (CC, FF, etc.).

        Any other opinions? Allen-the-Q&A-guy?

        I sure wish Chaos could upgrade. A Silver Tower with a Death Ray would
almost be useful, if it somehow caught a good tail wind...

Nickles