Re: [Epic] Orks with LandRaiders

From: Colen McAlister <colen_at_...>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 1997 18:41:47 +0100

"Eugene E.W." <eug_at_...> has carefully scribed:
><snip>
>> Shurely 40 pointsh? I generally ake 5 LR's in a single detachment in any
>> 2000pt battle. What do other people do?
>>

>> 'Mad Dog' McAlister
>> <snip>
>Don't you have problems with blast markers? Each one removes an AT shot
>(its official, WD 211 IIRC), which isn't very good. I usually toss a couple
>of Preds or Whirlwinds into the armour detachment, both as a casualty
>screen and to absorb blast markers.

Good idea... I generally find, though, that if the LRs are swamped by
blast markers, they're in the kak anyway. I'll have to try the Predator
idea, though... or, how about dreadnoughts? Both troop types are slow
moving, after all.

<emblem of Slaanesh>

'Mad Dog' McAlister
--
    /\          Colen McAlister, AKA 'Mad Dog' McAlister,
   /--\           Chaos Lord of Slaanesh, Keeper of the
 /--  ---- \               of the Chaos Gods
    | |  |/            colen_at_...
   \---/        or http://www.bryanmac.demon.co.uk/colen
    \-/