Re: [Epic] Titan Parts

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 16:59:57 -0400

Andy Skinner wrote:

> Where did all these heads and special parts come from? I've
> only seen Warlord Titans in Space Marine and the Battle Titans
> box (6 of 'em!). I felt pretty excited to have found the
> Battle Titans box,

        Wow. Good catch. I got one not too long after
they stopped making them, and I'm glad I did. Now if only
I could find some more plastic titan weapon sprues...

> but it doesn't seem to have had any of these
> rare things. I've never seen any head except the two that
> came with the plastic one, or the pod or landing pad or fire
> control center.

        There were "titan variant pack" blisters that
were taken off the shelves during the pre-TL repackaging
(along with a number of other blisters, like the lord of
battles). Each blister had a few weapons, heads, banner
poles, and other assorted pieces (rubble claws, chaos
tails, FCCs, etc). In my area they were hard as heck to
find after GW stopped making them; I just barely managed
to pick up a few packs that nobody else wanted (filled
with power claws, wreckers, corvus assault pods) just
to get a few choice items. I still had to order all my
chaos bits from the UK, though.

        It was one of those extremely odd moves that
GW makes from time to time: first they take all the titan
weapons off the shelf, then they come out with TL, which
detailed all the nifty items you could stick on your
titans... but you couldn't actually get your hands on
any of them. Puzzling.

Scott
shupes_at_...