Re: [Epic] Orks with LandRaiders

From: Mike Bowen <mbowen_at_...>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 12:14:34 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 28 Aug 1997, Scott Shupe wrote:

> Well the OLD boxes came with 10 sprues, not 5, so
> you actually got complete detachments of just about everything
> with just 1 box. Then GW comes along with it's periodic "less
> minis for more dollars", and you get half the sprues for the
> same price... In any case, the game designers certainly aren't
> aware of what available on the shelves and what's not (or at
> least they pretend to be). Jervis and/or Andy seemed genuinely
> surprised to find out that lesser daemons were no longer
> available (during the TL days).

somehow, i am not surprised. building an Eldar army with the little
boxes sucked.

> > played a guy (E40k) that had 30! stands of termies in his army.
>
> Did he actually have 30 termie stands? Sheesh.
> That ain't cheap (in SM or E40k).

yep, 30 stands, with 20 stands of assault troops. termies had full
transport needs filled by LR. Big game----> took forever to play
my orks lost. :-(

> > E40k maybe could use a % chart, like must take 20% basic troops.
>
> Maybe for the overall army; I wouldn't limit
> individual detachments like that.

i was thinking for overall limits. each detc. should be custom.

> Generally I don't think
> that would be neccessary; most players aren't going to
> bring ridiculous numbers of 1 unit type to a battle.

so we all hope.

mike