[Epic] marine chapters (was: Orks with LandRaiders)

From: David Lado <lado_at_...>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 15:06:29 -0400 (EDT)

>> played a guy (E40k) that had 30! stands of termies in his army. He
>> gave me a blank look when i said "BA don't have that many termi suits"
>> army cards did cut down on that kind of cheeze.

It was theoretically possible to field more than 100 terminators in
SM/TL, by fielding a company plus lots of support cards. The cards
didn't limit the number of termies that could be fielded. The limit
arose more from the cost of fielding the minis and the fact that
terminators were of limited usefullness.

>> E40k maybe could use a % chart, like must take 20% basic troops.
>
> Maybe for the overall army; I wouldn't limit
>individual detachments like that. Generally I don't think
>that would be neccessary; most players aren't going to
>bring ridiculous numbers of 1 unit type to a battle.

I don't think a limit is necessary either. Fielding 30 terminators
may go against the fluff, but it's not really a problem, since the
cost of the units should reflect their capability.

It might be fun to creat a new chapter with a different organization
which allows that many terminators.

David