Re: [Epic] Orks with LandRaiders

From: Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 17:52:30 -0400

>yes, i guess i do miss some of that organization, esp with new players.
>they don't have a clue on the numbers of units in a chapter.
>
>played a guy (E40k) that had 30! stands of termies in his army.
>gave me a blank look when i said "BA don't have that many termi suits"
>
>army cards did cut down on that kind of cheeze.
>
>E40k maybe could use a % chart, like must take 20% basic troops.
>
>> Scott
>
>mike

That was not exactly cheese, it was a painting mistake. Epic is supposed to
represent large amounts, multiple chapters coming together to fight wars.
Some people paint their army after their favorite chapter, while others just
paint them. I'm painting a Great Chapter of my invention, number 2 on the
list, one of the erased from Imperial Records chapters

Well, sure, it is cheese, having 30 stands of terminators, and no tactical
squads. But he is paying for it, so he loses on the amount of troops he can
field as opposed to the chances of making the save.
Of course, you can just tell him that because of the size of terminator
armour each unit counts as 2 for transport purposes. (I'm not playing that
until I pick up a few more Rhinos and Land Raiders, but I will)

Tyler