Re: [Epic] Orks with LandRaiders

From: Mike Bowen <mbowen_at_...>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 19:36:26 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 28 Aug 1997, Scott Shupe wrote:

> Tyler Provick wrote:
> >
> > Well, sure, it is cheese, having 30 stands of terminators, and no tactical
> > squads. But he is paying for it, so he loses on the amount of troops he can
> > field as opposed to the chances of making the save.
> > Of course, you can just tell him that because of the size of terminator
> > armour each unit counts as 2 for transport purposes.
>
> Oh no! I'll have to include more Land Raiders
> in my army!!! What a waste! =) =) =)

lets say that i didn't press the point to him that only 1 stand
of termies per LR. :-)

 besides, he only owned 19 LR total, and used 15. that was bad enough.

i figured 20 termie stands per chapter, but he did paint up 30 stands
worth in BA red. green flock, all details painted. real nice looking.
anyway, he agreed that the BAs' only had 20 stands worth. the extras
were from the fleshtearers. fluff problem solved.

anyway, his army(i forget what # of points we were playing)
something like:
30 termie stands
20 assault
3? command stands w/ psyker
15 LR
9? whirlwinds
and some other stuff

vs

35 BW
16 bikes
 8 speedstas
G.Gargant
2 gargants
bunch of stompas
5 nobz
10 boyz
and some other stuff i forget

plan was to slowly engage termies while KoS tried flanking.
stompas and gargants shot to pieces by LR, and the assault
marines did bad things to the bikes and BW of the KoS

stubborn ability is a great help to marines, that and
LR on overwatch.

it was a bad day for my greenskins.

> Scott

mike