[Epic] Tin Bitz paint

From: Thomas Lee Denney <seether_at_...>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 19:47:46 -0500

I just sent this email to G.W. customer service. I thought I would share
it with the rest of the list and see if anyone else has had the same
problem or if I'm just a freak of nature that turns his Tin Bitz into solids.

<start email to GW>
I was wondering why the life span of the Citadel Colour Tin Bitz is about 2
weeks? I've bought 5 bottles of this color, and have actually used paint
out of one of them. A few weeks later I went to use it and it was no good.
 The very first bottle I bought was no good when I bought it. For some
reason the Tin Bitz seem to solidify on the bottom of the jar. Whenever
I've purchased a new bottle of it, by the time I get around to using it,
it's solidified. I don't leave the bottles sitting around unopened. This
happens with bottles I've had for a few months (1 month at the shortest,
and 8 at the most) and not even broken the seal on. I thought maybe this
was a known problem that might have been fixed with the remaking of the
paints, but this does not seem to be the case, as the bottle of it I
purchased three months ago and broke the seal on today was once again no
good. Why does this happen? Is this a problem you are aware of, and if so
why haven't you done something to fix it. I hate to bring back one bottle
of paint to whatever store I buy it at because it's just one little bottle,
but now I'm starting to get annoyed by this flaw. Am i going to have to go
buy a new bottle of Tin Bitz every time I want to use it, and then be sure
to use it in the first week for fear of it solidifying? After the first
few times I wondered if it had something to do with the store and where
they might be storing the paints, but I've now purchased it from three
different places. Can you give me some help with this?
<end email>

If anyone else has seen this or heard of and has an idea of how to prevent
it, short of buying some other brand, cause it's gotten to the point where
I want GW to fix it or take it off the market.

Ezekiel- Grand Master of Librarians
Ravenwing Speeder Motto: Dark Angels don't die, we just go back to the
rock and regroup!
seether_at_...

Check out "The Rock", still under construction, so don't complain!
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Dimension/8705/