Re: [Epic] Tyranids vs Tyranids

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 13:33:18 -0400 (EDT)

Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...> writes:
> Speaking of controversy, it occurred to me that I never really
> understood all the people leaving after Epic 40K came out. I
> kinda miss some of those folks, and recently saw someone make
> a wistful post about this list on the Full Thrust list. I'm
> glad Agro and Sauron1 are still here, with the occasional 2nd ed
> comment, though if I remember correctly they were relatively
> recent to the list before Epic 40K.

        Hey, Scott Shupe and David Lado and us CMU types are still
here (aren't you so happy? :). I think the most common complaint was
that the list had just gotten an influx of new members that liked to
argue more than the older members liked. It was a trend that would
have broken the list down into cheezy rules squabbling and GW flaming
if it had continued. (See the other GW lists)
        There was also this very annoying habit of some people (The
Ogre or something close was one of them) who would answer the rules
questions posted with one word answers.

i.e.

> Can I put Trolls in my Chaos Rhinos?

Yes.

        Which doesn't help in the slightest when trying to figure out
how to play the game. As it turns out, he didn't know the rules very
well, which just made it worse.

Mark