Re: [Epic] Tyranids vs Tyranids

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 14:10:08 -0500

Mark A Shieh wrote:

> Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...> writes:
> > Speaking of controversy, it occurred to me that I never really
> > understood all the people leaving after Epic 40K came out. I
> > kinda miss some of those folks, and recently saw someone make
> > a wistful post about this list on the Full Thrust list. I'm
> > glad Agro and Sauron1 are still here, with the occasional 2nd ed
> > comment, though if I remember correctly they were relatively
> > recent to the list before Epic 40K.
>
> Hey, Scott Shupe and David Lado and us CMU types are still
> here (aren't you so happy? :). I think the most common complaint was
> that the list had just gotten an influx of new members that liked to
> argue more than the older members liked. It was a trend that would
> have broken the list down into cheezy rules squabbling and GW flaming
> if it had continued. (See the other GW lists)
> There was also this very annoying habit of some people (The
> Ogre or something close was one of them) who would answer the rules
> questions posted with one word answers.

Oh, yeah, there are plenty of us from before the change, and glad
I am. I was just mentioning the ones that still play 2nd edition,
but stayed on the list. We didn't change this to an Epic40K only list
(it is still called the space-marine list, after all), so it is a shame
that we lost so many.

I think I remember the guy you mentioned. I think he is the one I
was wondering whether he was really Julian ("cast your minis into the
warp" GW employee) with a different account.

andy