Re: [Epic] [E40K] Battle Report, part III

From: Erik K. Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 18:29:47 -0400

Nickles,

Congrats on your victory! Thanks for the battle report - a few
comments...

> The Imperium won initiative in the assault phase and the Warhounds
charged
> into close combat with units from Blood Rain and the Shadows. Chaos
won,
> bringing down a void shield on one and doing one damage on the other,
but

I thought void shields didn't work in close combat (i.e. hits go
directly to DC).

> Things I liked: I really, really like a sizable unit of
infiltrators; one
> or two units per detachment only serves as a snap-firing buffer, but
an
> actual detachment of them can have quite an impact.

Agreed absolutely. I have a detachment of Scouts in Razorbacks (10
Scouts Main Force, 10 Razorbacks Support, reduce size as necessary)
which work really well.

> BTW, writing these things is TEDIOUS AS HELL, but sure adds another
> dimension to the game.

Yep - I learn a lot more from the games I write up than the ones I
don't. Unfortunately, due to time I've been averaging about 10 games
player per each actual battle report. I'm not learning very much...
<g>

Regards,

- Erik

"Look within. Within is the fountain of good, and it will ever bubble
up, if you will ever dig."
- Marcus Aurelius