Re: [Epic] Hello all from an ex-lurker

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 1997 16:33:59 -0600

At 11:51 01/31/1997 +1100, you wrote:

>Maybe we should bring ram attacks back into the game. Another thing about
>shields that always stumped me is that close combat avoids shields - you can
>fire a tacnuke at the Titan and have it bounce of the shields (ID4 style)
>but a Grot armed with a pointy stick can simply walk up to it and start
>beating on it. The Grot always gets 9 colours of s**t beaten out of him, but
>that isnt the point.

Doesn't the shield description (or cc description, or something) explain
that the shields are intended to keep energy weapons and high speed
projectiles out? That would certainly explain why you can walk through a
shield (and why Doomweavers float right through them :)). You and I know
that's fluff, but the guys at GW seem to make up rules according to the
fluff anyway.

Temp