Re: [Epic] Net Epic

From: Alan Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 1997 10:35:27 -0800

Simon Dodds wrote:

> >c) Allow *GASP* Equipment cards. No, wait, I don't mean the 40K variety,
> >but the concept's the same. A Marine Co for example, could have
> >equipment cards for:
> >LAND RAIDERS, THUNDERHAWKS, DROP PODS, RHINOS, PREDATORS. So your
> >company could be carried in any of them. Ork Mekboy cards are already
> >equipment cards, Chaos cards could be shoehorned into the concept - make
> >them permanent, one to a customer, and allocated before play starts.
>
> Sounds good. Could you please expand on this?

OK, let's take an SM Company for example:
You get the basic SM company, plus you can take (either as ts supports
or, better, a special "transport" card) a card giving as many transport
vehicles as needed to lift the company.
So: 4 THs, or 19 LRs/Rhinos, or a sh*tload of predators. Rhinos probably
cost 7 say, LRs 25, THs ditto.
For the Chaos cards, the Chaos player must allocate things like "Iron
hard skin" to one unit (ie squad or support card). No more than one to a
customer. The effect (+1 CAF for example) is permanent, but the card
cannot be used on any other unit. Essentially it "equips" the unit, much
as an Ork Mkboy card does. Alternately, you can allocate the card to a
GD: the GD can then use this card's abilities, but lose it if it "dies".
What this is means is that it removes the ability of Chaos to suddenly
play 6-10 cards on one unit in a crucial position: they are committed
"up front" rather than as a reserve which threatens the whole of the
battlefield. OTOH effects are not 1-shot, they're permanent.

---------------------- <> <> How doth the little Crocodile
---------------------- o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo oo oo oo