Chaos Marines vs. Everybody (was Re: [Epic] Tyranids vs Tyranids)

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+_at_...>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 1997 17:34:49 -0400 (EDT)

Excerpts from Epic: 1-Sep-97 Re: [Epic] Tyranids vs Tyra.. by "Timothy
J. Kilgore"_at_mai
> >As for Marines being single minded killing machines, I *still* don't buy it.
>
> Yes I had forgotten to add in the fact that most Marines do not remeber
> fighting chaos, as you said they get mind wiped, and Yes I also did strech
> the idea of them to single minded killing machines. I mean more along the
> lines that they are uterly devoted to warfare, saying single minded killing
> machines was a strech to get that aspect point accross which failed
> misrebly. However you cannot argue that Chaos Marines hate Imperial
> marines especially and really don't care for Imperial troops.

Hrm, no, I can't argue that. I do argue whether the CSMs would attack
Space Marines over Tyranids, though.

On a previous note, it looks like the comments on how Chaos and the
Imperium would both fight the Tyranids have been anticipated by GW.
From _Doom of the Eldar_, page 14:

"The Tyranids are the enemies of all forms of life, and the Imperium is
not the only race attempting to defeat them. The Edlar, the Orks and
even the bizarre armies of the Chaos Gods are battling against the
Tyranid Hive Fleets whenever they encounter them. From this has risen a
strange alliance where Imperial, Eldar, Ork and Chaos troops, while not
fighting shoulder to shoulder, battle seperately against the same foe."

> or possibly I had better say this, the Chaos Marines that I controll have a
> hatred for Imperial Marines, this does not mean they all get bonuses or
> something stupid like that just That I play them as hating imperial troops.
>[snip] Sure it means I have too make very bad
> tactical desicions that cause me a victory but I find it highly
> entertaining to play this way.

Very cool. I've done that in a couple games, but I usually don't find a
reason to.

                    Aaron Teske
                    Mithramuse+_at_...