RE: [Epic] Death Angels

From: MCLAUGHLIN, RICHARD A. CPT <MCLAUGHLINR_at_...>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 1997 15:34:13 +0200

The Blood Angel assault company is called the "Death Company". They
are lead by a Chaplain and are about to die of a genetic flaw in the
Blood Angel gene seed.

I don't know how they play in Epic40K but they are deadly in 40K.

I get the impression that a majority of players on this list only play
Epic and don't have access to the flavor text (fluff?) in other GW
games.

The flavor from the 40K books does add a lot to a battle. We have
discovered that an all Terminator, all Landraider, 10 Deathstrike
Missile Launcher Army unbalances the game.

GW follows a laundry list of unwritten rules (i.e. flavor text,
written I know, but you know what I mean) when they design their games
and make their armies. If you discover a flaw in the rules and design
an unbeatable army, BIG DEAL. Go play a game vs a computer.

In a War "Game" the thrill is the possibility of defeat by a human
opponent. You may win every time with a "cheesy" army, but the Thrill
of Victory will only come when you face the possibility of defeat.