Re: [Epic] Terrain

From: Sauron Moridor <sauron1_at_...>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 1997 17:03:13 -0400

Sauron1 writes; For steel decking I used, quite successfully black plastic
stichery backing. It is sold in 1 square foot sections for about $1.00
each. It is nylon extrusion plastic and only contact cement will hold it
down. As for the buildings themselves I found a plastic building kit
carried by some department stores called GIRDER & PANEL is excellent. You
get a solid plastic base with dozens of vertical and horizontal girders. I
built up some great Necromunda pieces by gluing in the plastic stichery
floor by floor as I went. Ladders and stairs can be bought in the correct
scale from railway stores that carry Plastistruct guirders and such.
Necromunda pipes can be made from plastic cold water or drainage pipe.
Those rivets can be simulated by drilling small holes and gluing RR track
nails into them. Use a black cloth as a table cover and dark gray or
blue/gray primer for everything to get that underhive look. sauron1