Re: [Epic] The ages of Warhammer was mixing (long)

From: J. Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 1997 19:25:58 -0500

Miller, Chris wrote:

> >The only rpg/wargame that advances timelines is DP9, which their Timeline
> >thing, which is, as they add more information, they say this information has
> >come to light this many years later. So eventually they plan to advance the
> >HG timeline 30 or so years in 6 years, at which point they will continue to
> >support HG, they are just gonna stop advancing the timeline
> >
> >Tyler
> >
> -----> Star Fleet Battles & Battletech have both done this...
> (advanced the timeline, I mean)
> and it's great, until it stops...
Unless you are running old tech.

Go ahead use pre clan Mechs vs Clan mechs, at even odds. It's not
pretty.

While we are at it TSR has advanced a time line in at least 2 of their
worlds (Ravenloft and the Forgetten Realms). In the case of the
Forgetten Realms they did 3 novels to explain why all the rules changed,
plus issued a hardback book about the Realms after the change. A nicely
done, if some what forced, method of explaining what happened to some
characters classes that went away when the second editon of AD&D came
out.