RE: [Epic] [E40K] Battle Report, part III

From: Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 1997 20:41:03 -0400

> Well, according to the army lists, Rhinos can be bought for anybody.(That
>is, any non-Terminator Chaos Marine unit.)
>
> Second, infiltrators are not considered to be out of command if they are
>within 60 cm, not 30 cm, and the unit leading that particular detachment
>was a sorcerer on a Disc of Tzeentch (which you may not have known if you
>missed the post with the detachments-used list).
>
> Mr. Disc Rider was, as a skimmer, always able to stay near the center of
>the formation and the Rhinos got left behind early on to all intents and
>purposes.

Yes, but are you allowed to get that 30 cm first move if you are in a
transport. It is supposed to reflect the fact that the scouts are ahead of
the reserve unit, and have already set up. Basically the intent of the rule
is that if an infiltrator does not start infiltrate (on the board) then when
the rest of the detachment enters play, he is considered to have infiltrated
30cm away from the HQ, and that is why he has the 30cm first move.

I'm sorry to say that you little trick is what some people might consider
rulelawyering, or powergaming or whatever. The fact is it is a cheap
interpretation of the rules IMO, because it doesn't mesh with the idea of an
infiltrator.

BTW, what rule book, and on what page does it say that blast markers reduce
1 SHW per? I tried to find it, but couldn't (My opponent wanted to sluff his
blast markers off on fp so he could use his anti-tank, and I wanted to see
if he was allowed to do that, because I remembered there being a discussion
about it. Neither of us could find the rule.)

Tyler