Re: [Epic] marine chapters (was: Orks with LandRaiders)

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 11:00:58 -0400 (EDT)

"A. Allen McCarley" <allen_at_...> writes:
> > Space Marines spend 100% of their life in training or in war. Why in the
> > hell do they only shoot to 48 meters?
>
> I think it must be because they use those silly little rapid-fire
> machine-pistols rather than a real weapon with a real barrel.
> Of course, this
> still doesn't explain why the Guard (with a much more sensible weapon) can't
> shoot any further.

        I think it's because most of them have a knife or other HTH
weapon in their off-hand ready at all times. Must be real hard to aim
from the hip with only S3. They must only pose in a proper stance for
the model casting, sort of like how Terminator characters really do
have helmets hidden somewhere.

Mark