Re: [Epic] marine chapters (was: Orks with LandRaiders)

From: Sauron Moridor <sauron1_at_...>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 07:06:03 -0400

Sauron1 writes; With 40k I always assumed the intent was unsupported squad
level close combat. In that I mean two relatively insignificant groups of
infantry each sent out to do a small job by a local commander and running
into each other " on the job " or like all those personal remembrances of
small unit actions that make up the movie " The Longest Day " . That is
why, I think GW has the rank structure it has in 40k. squads lead by a
sergeant commander by a captain. 10=30 men per side is what it is supposed
to be. No tanks, no artillery, no big leader. Just a group of grunts trying
to get the job done. May be a few members with some dirtside experience
could expand on this ( not the game )Opps! another long night tracking "the
bad guys" time for a coffee fix and the big snoozer. sauron1