RE: [Epic] [E40K] Battle Report, part III

From: MCLAUGHLIN, RICHARD A. CPT <MCLAUGHLINR_at_...>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 1997 08:06:05 +0200

----------
From: Tyler Provick[SMTP:bprovick_at_...]
Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 1997 5:20 PM
To: space-marine_at_...
Subject: Re: [Epic] [E40K] Battle Report, part III

At 02:16 AM 9/3/97 +0100, you wrote:
>Surely only the infantry get the extra 30cm move for being
infiltrators and
>not any transport units that are carrying them?
>
></quote>
>Infiltrators are within command if within 60cm of HQ. They deploy
outside
>normal deployment or add +30cm to their first move.
></quote>
>
>I've looked through the armies book and cant find a transport vehicle
with
>the infiltrator ability!!

He moved the rhinos 25 cm, the scouts got out and moved another 25 cm,
which
is legal, but shouldn't be. True, he did spend the movement to get out
of
the rhino, as per the rules, but then he made of move which is
supposed to
reflect the fact that the infiltrators where already there, not that
they
used a rhino in their turn and "flew" out of their transports.

Tyler

MadMac writes: In the military we would call that following the
letter of an order but not the spirit or intent. The +30 cm rule for
infiltrators is there to simulate scouts deployed ahead of the main
body (probably the night before). While loading up scouts and racing
forward may be technically legal, it does not follow the intent of the
game.

MadMac