Re: [Epic] marine chapters (was: Orks with LandRaiders)

From: Erik K. Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 1997 07:41:28 -0400

> I still have problems with the Supreme Commander. I don't like the
> idea of not bringing one. All military operations have a single
> tactical commander in charge of all ground forces.

What's the problem with a Supreme Commander? I've brought one and had
no problems.

> Picture if you will, a detachment on fall back order is covered with
> blast markers. Another detachment at 100% strength moves forward to
> engage the enemy units pursuing his comrades. This is called
> "Bounding Overwatch" and "Covering Fire" (A very good thing in combat

> if you are the unit covered with blast markers I might add). IIRC
the
> enemy can ignore the unit attacking it and fire on the fall back unit

> even though it is farther away or even BEHIND another detachment.
> COME ON!

If the enemy detachment obstructs line of sight, they won't be able to
fire at the enemies behind it unless they're skimmers or titans who are
high off the ground. Friendly units do not obstruct LOS, but enemy
units do (AFAIK).

Regards,

- Erik

"Look within. Within is the fountain of good, and it will ever bubble
up, if you will ever dig."
- Marcus Aurelius