Re: [Epic] Eldar Tactics

From: Erik K. Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 1997 20:01:26 -0400

> On the contrary, it won't work against Tyranids at all. They will be
> dutifully broken by your firefight, then ignore their broken state
(using
> their special rule), swarm you, and annihilate you. An assault value
of one

I stand humbly corrected. I will henceforth remember the Tyranids'
annoying special ability. :-)

I'm getting the impression that maybe this tactic wasn't such a good
idea... <grin>

Thanks for the comments, apparently database programming and wargaming
tactics don't mix. It was a nice vision, though... fleets of jetbikes
and vypers sweeping all before them in a graceful assault/overwatch
dance.

> I suppose some heretics might be inclined to throw in some land
speeders as
> well, to take advantage of their alleged 'superior mobility'.

Heh. We landspeeder heretics will cling to our extra 5cm...

> Incidentally, for those of us who try to calculate the'formula' for
points
> costs, comparing the prices of Land Speeders and Vypers illustrates
one
> aspect of the formula, at least.

Good catch. So, the Vyper costs 2 points more than the land speeder.
The Vyper has 5cm more movement, but the Land Speeder is stubborn...

Regards,

- Erik

"Look within. Within is the fountain of good, and it will ever bubble
up, if you will ever dig."
- Marcus Aurelius