Re: [Epic] Pride and GW

From: Francois Bruntz <fbruntz_at_...>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 1997 01:29:23 PDT

You wrote :

>sorry, GW only models its games only on where the English win big,
>like
>Waterloo or Crecy, thus seeming to pick battles where the French are
>on
>the other side. Hmmm. I wonder if they used the Battle of the Nile
>as
>a model for Man 'o War? ;-)
>
>mike

So English people would be as proud as French people? This is
outrageous, I thought we had the monopoly of pride!!!!! ;o)

More seriously, GW can forget this to make a "new" Fantasy Battle
army, the Bretonian army. English troopers + French knights and a lot
of borrowing in the two countries history or legends (Arthur, Jeanne
d'Arc...). It was very funny to read the Bretonian background in
order to find what has been "stolen" (very long list) and what has
been imagined (I'm still looking for...).

Francois Bruntz
Apprenti MIAGE (Universite Paris XII - IBM France)

                  Lord's Home Page
              Space Marine and Epic 40k

  http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dungeon/2370/