RE: [Epic] Drop Pods

From: MCLAUGHLIN, RICHARD A. CPT <MCLAUGHLINR_at_...>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 10:11:36 +0200

----------
From: csalvato_at_...[SMTP:csalvato@...]
Sent: Thursday, September 04, 1997 5:47 PM
To: space-marine_at_...
Subject: [Epic] Drop Pods

>I am lucky enough to be a 100% e40k player who has managed to fall
into a set of
>rules and counters from the previos edition(s) of Epic. Thus, I have
the
>Official Drop Pod Counters (tm), which are basically cardboard chits
numbered
>1-40. Now, these chits are heavy, compared to the paper shreds that
the battles
>book reccommends for using with Drop Pods. In the one time that drop
pods were
>used, we used bits o' paper. When we held the barage template up at
30cm and
>flipped, the papers fell in a lump right about where the barrage
template was
>held. Pretty anti-climactic, if ya ask me. I thought that they
should be held
>a little higher for drift. I imagine thatthe heavier, cardboard Drop
Pod
>Counters (tm) would tend to bounce a little more, butfor the most
part, I feel
>that the 30cm height is a bit un-fun. Anybody with more experience
have any
>thoughts on this?

Chris

MadMac Replies,

I use the cardboard counters when I use Drop Pods. They get a pretty
good spread because they don't stick together like slips of paper. If
your troops have jump packs you should have no trouble keeping
everybody together.

Just don't do something stupid like drop them on top of enemy troops.
 It hurts. };^')

MadMac