Re: [Epic] Re: Question d'amour propre...

From: J. Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 1997 11:23:06 -0500

Francois Bruntz wrote:

> You wrote :
> >
> >Dear Francois,
> >
> >You don't sound friendly. You sound like you are about to eat him
> >up
> >in private.
>
> Really? :)
>
> Seriously, I was trying to joke but it's not easy to do that via
> mails and when you don't speak English fluently, so if I offended
> someone, excuse me, all this comes from my Latin side as we use to
> saying in France (we generally consider that French behaviour is
> closer
> to Italian one than to the strict German one...)

Don's sweat it. As your target, I thought you sounded friendly so let
me say this:

NO ONE ELSE GET IN THIS THREAD.
Francois and I have moved it to private E-Mail.
I know, for experience that people tend to get a bit weird about their
country and ethnic groups, and that flame wars tend to get started.

For my part, I am going to start saying "Waterlizt" as my battle example
(That of course, being the great mythic battle where the short man with
the sidewise hat both won AND lost)

--
Sillyness is the last refuse of the doomed.  P. Opus