RE: [Epic]targeting

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 13:10:35 -0500

>I should have said that the mech infantry is still mounted. What you
>are looking at is 13-15 AFVs coming at your. Think of the BMP as the
>Chimera. Call it 10 Chimera followed by 3 Predetors, with you being
>Land Raiders.
>
>And you don't (in this case) have any grunts of your own. This is, BTW,
>not a good thing to be in. If the "Army formally called Soviet" (tm
>MadMac) troops do keep coming in "dumb" like my example, the US platoon
>has a chance. If they act the way that they should the treadheads are
>in a world of hurt.
>

>-----> Ok, that's a bit different. That said, if I have a heavy weapons team
 or Land Raider I probably _would_ target the loaded transports before
the tanks.
As far as epic, I might use AT shots on the tanks first, but then again
those loaded transports are awfully tempting, and if the infantry gets
out,
its going to be more dangerous in a close assault than tanks, typically.

My thoughts here (real world) are that That's a whole buncha infantry
running around
if they get out , possibly missiles, etc - better to waste 'em in the
can.
for Wh40K, it's 2 units for the price of one, as passengers die if the
transport
goes. For Epic (any version) passengers either die or get a 50/50 roll
to die,
and FP is FP so killing a chimera + maybe troops is a better deal.

This said, the only situation where I would change is if I'm a LR (AT
shots)
and the enemy tanks, following the troop carriers, also have AT shots.
In that case, I'd waste them first as they are certainly more dangerous
IMO.

 As a side note I thought that tanks typically led the IFV's, except for
scout
 / recon vehicles.

Chris Miller