RE: [Epic] Painting

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 16:59:25 -0500

> I painted a few of the
>guns red, but my red is pretty transparent, and so far it looks too pink
>for me to be happy with it. One interesting thing I tried - moderately
>succesful- is that I took some Ral Partha blood wash and painted it in
>different places on the gargant, which now looks stained and bleeding. I
>like the effect a lot, but it looked even better before it dried, so I'm
>trying to figure out what is red, transparent, and shiny, to paint on the
>gargant.

 I will add that any red over a black base is gonna be a little "off".
The base doesn't
have to be white, but something between the black and the red will help.
One nice color I've found is a brand called "dragon color" or "dragon
stain", the color
is "blood" and it is great - works amazingly well for Blood Angels etc
and gives
a slightly translucent deep red which looks like...blood. Looks
especially nice
with dark colors around. It is somewhat translucent, so on black it
might be a
little dark, but over the red you have already painted on it should look
fine.
        Really, any red stain/wash/ink over your existing red will probably
deepen
the color. If that one you have isn't right, try another.

Chris Miller
(Who, between his Howling Griffons, Evil Sunz, and occasional Blood
Angels, uses a LOT
of red...)