Re: [Epic] Q&A (&Tactics) pages updates

From: Erik K. Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 21:56:54 -0400

Sauron,

> Sauron1 writes; Erik: from a modeling point of view, what did you do
> change the Crawler. sauron1

Well, I started with the basic crawler. I soaked it in Pine-Sol for a
few hours to get it down to the bare metal. Took the empty sprues I
had from the rectangular base/ruins and saw that the circular support
parts could make decent turrets. Cut them and shaved them a bit to get
circular turrets with cannons. Stacked them a bit offset to get two
levels of turrets. I mounted these three to a side in the top middle
of the sandcrawler, facing out.

I then took a plastic titan weapon I got with some old Warlords. Looks
like a mega-gatling gun. Shaved this down a bit until it would look
good mounted on the top front of the crawler. Glued it up there so
that the front just peeks over the cockpit of the crawler and the back
looks like it connects to some of the wiring in the recessed top
middle. For the last part I took the flagpoles that come with the old
bases and trimmed them to various heights. I glued three of these onto
the back top of the crawler to act as antennae. Finally, I chopped the
banners off two Space Marine standard bearers and two Ork standard
bearers from the new boxed set. I glued one big banner and one small
banner to each side of the sand crawler so that they would look as if
they were hung from the top of the side. These will be painted as the
battle and honor flags of the Leviathan. I then primed the whole thing
dark green and am now in the process of painting it. Looks great, IMHO,
and it was very cheap for such a model.

Regards,

- Erik

"Look within. Within is the fountain of good, and it will ever bubble
up, if you will ever dig."
- Marcus Aurelius