Re: [Epic] Aman Detachment

From: Erik K. Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 1997 09:14:23 -0400

Francois,

An interesting idea and a very good name (I'm also a Tolkien fan).

> The Amandils are a new kind of aspect warriors devoted to the
protection
> of Aman.

Is there a 'fluff' reason why the Amandils are so much better than any
other aspect warrior? They've seen the light of Aman, I guess?

> Amandil (Special Competence)
> All the Amandil troops get the Rampage competence (for 2 points)
> If an Amandil detachment loses a close assault or a firefight, it
must
> retreat as normal but it is not broken, this means that it can
> conter-attack its assailants. (for 3 points)

Since they Rampage, the combination of these rules doesn't entirely
make sense to me. Let me try to understand... Those that are in close
combat die - those that aren't actually in base to base can retreat,
right? Even though they aren't broken, if they end up within 15cm they
are still destroyed, right?

What is the reason for the Amandil's rampaging or not breaking?

The Ghost Warriors are the same as Wraithguard, right?

Regards,

- Erik

"Look within. Within is the fountain of good, and it will ever bubble
up, if you will ever dig."
- Marcus Aurelius