Re: [Epic] Aman Detachment

From: Francois Bruntz <fbruntz_at_...>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 1997 07:14:11 PDT

Erik wrote :

>An interesting idea and a very good name (I'm also a Tolkien fan).
>
>> The Amandils are a new kind of aspect warriors devoted to the
>protection
>> of Aman.
>
>Is there a 'fluff' reason why the Amandils are so much better than
>any
>other aspect warrior? They've seen the light of Aman, I guess?

They are better (much better? I don't think so) because they are
elite and "fanatic" (I don't like this term for the Eldars) units of
Aman. As Aman is the last and greatest hope of the Eldars of
Alcarinqu�, the Amandils had to be very motivated, they can give
their life to protect Aman and the Alcarinqu� Craftworld.

>> Amandil (Special Competence)
>> All the Amandil troops get the Rampage competence (for 2 points)
>> If an Amandil detachment loses a close assault or a firefight, it
>must
>> retreat as normal but it is not broken, this means that it can
>> conter-attack its assailants. (for 3 points)
>
>Since they Rampage, the combination of these rules doesn't entirely
>make sense to me. Let me try to understand... Those that are in
>close
>combat die - those that aren't actually in base to base can retreat,
>right? Even though they aren't broken, if they end up within 15cm
>they
>are still destroyed, right?

Yes, I agree but I don't see what you mean...

>What is the reason for the Amandil's rampaging or not breaking?

They are Rampage because they are "fanatics" and ready to give their
life for Aman.
They are not broken because they are very motivated, they can't
retreat as they have to win for their world.

I'm sorry if I'm not clear but I've got a problem with my English
today...

>The Ghost Warriors are the same as Wraithguard, right?

Yes, I'm sorry, this is a problem of translation... :(

Francois Bruntz
Apprenti MIAGE (Universite Paris XII - IBM France)

                  Lord's Home Page
              Space Marine and Epic 40k

  http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dungeon/2370/