[Epic] Net Epic

From: Seth Ben-Ezra <Azathoth_at_...>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 11:44:30 -0500

I have comments on two parts of Peter's initial posting. The first is
regarding movement and unit facing. As I recall, the facing of the
model is based on the direction in which it was moving last, varying
by 45 degrees either way. What my group has usually played is that
facing can be changed by the expenditure of 1 cm of movement. I
haven't been playing for very long and might be missing something, but
this solution seems to work reasonably well and minimizes extra rules.
 As far as skimmers go, GW has always said that their rules regarding
their ending a turn on impassable terrain were made merely because of
the model's inability to balance on the terrain. If that's the only
reason, then I say that we eliminate that silly rule. I think that we
can all work around the physical limitations of the models. :)

As for the alternating movement system, in general I like it.
Personally, I would want to see the optional rule regarding the
initiative winner's option to move last. Use of this system, as Peter
pointed out, would encourage use of infantry and "small" units as
opposed to super-heavies or Titans. Possibly, though, all orders that
would be used in a phase could be revealed at one time. So, all Titan
orders would be revealed before Titans movement is resolved. That
seems reasonable, because commanders would be able to anticipate
the actions of opposing units somewhat, but not fully.

Seth Ben-Ezra
Great Wolf