Re: [Epic] Thoughts on Ork Tribes

From: Erik K. Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 1997 16:54:45 -0400

Chris,

> -----> This is OK except for the no Nobz thing. Everybody gets Nobz.

I've no problem giving the Snakebites Nobz, but it just didn't seem to
fit in with their anti-technology bit. What are Snakebite Nobz like in
40k? Do they have something instead of power-armour and really
customized weapons?

> ----> Good - the goffs usually are nobz-heavy, and in 40K they're the
> only ones who have
> a unit named "Skarboyz", though I think they're effectiveness is
> overstated a bit in E40K
> so I assume they mean "assault armed orks"

Hm - I didn't realize Skarboyz were a Goff-only unit originally, but I
have to agree with you that the unit is useful and plausible to have in
all the tribes (just call 'em something different).

> unit was made for them. They also get more mega-armor, so an emphasis
on
> nobz
> may be appropriate as well...

Seems reasonable. Bad Moons must have at least 2 Shooty Boyz Mobs and
at least 2 Nobz Mobs?

> ----> Deathskulls in 40K also tend to be the heavy weapons troops as
> every trooper
> can take heavies or Kustom Kombi weapons, so a shooty boyz unit
minimum
> would
> work here too.

Thanks for the info there. We can also give Death Skulls a 2 Shooty
Boyz Mobs minimum. I had noticed a lot of shooty Death Skulls in the
Battle Book but hadn't quite made the connection. :-)

> Nice Work Erik

Thank you!

Regards,

- Erik

"Look within. Within is the fountain of good, and it will ever bubble
up, if you will ever dig."
- Marcus Aurelius